Busy Oakland ophthalmology office with a team of friendly staff needs a Back Office Medical Assistant/Ophthalmic Technician for a position requiring 30-32 hours per week. No prior experience required, but it would be a plus if applicant had clinical experience in a doctor's office. We will train you for the job. This position requires you to be able to multi-task efficiently and to work in a coordinated team environment. Your job responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Performing basic patient work-up such as checking visual acuity, measuring eye pressure, and dilating patients.
- Conducting diagnostic testing including refractions, OCTs, fundus photos, and IOL Master.
- Explaining physician's instructions to the patients.
- Assisting with minor surgical procedures.
- Assisting with some front office clerical work, including scheduling patients, answering phones or filing.
- Experience in Ophthalmology or Optometry preferred
- Must be proficient in English. Bilingual in Cantonese REQUIRED.
- Must demonstrate proficiency with PC systems and basic applications
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Detail-oriented, organized, a quick learner
- Able to work independently and as part of a team
- Able to multi-task
- Have excellent attendance
This position is almost full-time: Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday, 9:00am-5:30pm (closed Wednesdays).
Please respond by submitting your resume.
- High school or equivalent